Sunday, August 9th., 2026…… Today was hotter than we wanted. We were up and out early. I went to get breakfast and coffee while Cat walked and fed the girls. We then started in on prepping for the afternoon. I got the ribs out and in the roaster to pre-steam. They would be in there for at least 3 hours on low. Then I got to be sous chef for prepping the oatmeal raisin cookies Cat was baking for today! I also cut up the watermelon that we had got from the Hermiston truck on Friday. Once that was done, we were ready. The girls came over around 3:00ish and I already had the grill ready to go. The ribs got coated with bbq sauce and I had them cooked in no time! I also did some green onions that sis had asked for. Penny and Jody brought potatoes and salad and Cherrelyn brought eclairs to add to the cookies. The meat was ok I guess because I didn’t get any complaints! Everything else was good too! We sat around and rested and enjoyed the ac in the house because it was up 86° outside today. Here are pics from the day...
After everyone
left, we settled in our own rooms. I worked on my blog and watched little
league baseball and Nascar races, while Cat watched some of her Dateline shows
she has taped. We rested from the day and actually went to bed early.
Monday, August 10th., 2026…… Today I have a dentist
appointment. But it’s not until 3:00pm. Zephry was scheduled to come today
around 9:00am to get started. We went to the gym and to breakfast and got back just
after he got here. After that he and Cat got on track for today. After seeing
him out there, I can say, “he is a worker!” He’s not the fastest but he’s thorough. Cat
likes him too! I think it will finally work out. Later, I made it to my
appointment. Today was the last of three deep cleanings. I was really sore last
time because they did two zones at once. This time it was just one and it was
ok. Last visit they advised me to switch from my OralB to a Sonic, which has a
larger brushhead to get more coverage. I have had it a week and I like it! She commented that whatever I was doing in my
hygiene, it was working! Yaay!
Tuesday, August 11th., 2026…… We didn’t have much on the agenda
for today, other than going to the concert in the park tonight in town. So, we
worked around the yard a little. I spent some time out in the shop but it was
mostly for a little cleanup. Cat worked on her raised bed. We have some really
nice juicy tomatoes now! This is after
Cat picked and you can see we still have more to pick later when they ripen…
And some of the ones she got
already (she’s already cut up the larger ones for sandwiches).
They are very flavorful! As a matter of fact, she made subs with them to take with us for the concert tonight. We fed the dogs then loaded them up and left for the concert. Penny had saved us an area next to her group and we settled in. Rylee wasn’t bothered by the music but Jama doesn’t like loud noises so she was in our lap most of the time. Tonight, the artist was Jackson Michelson. He’s a country western singer from Corvallis (an alum like Cathye!). He’s been on tour for a while and is winding it up around here. I was impressed with his voice and like his variety in songs, and he did well, but he tried some artist’s songs that just weren’t quite in his range. Still good anyway!
We stayed until the last song, then packed up
and made our way to the car and got out before the crowd dispersed. We said our
goodbyes to Jody, who would be going home tomorrow. It was fun visiting with
her. Later, we got home and all of us rested from the evening. Tv and then bed.
Wednesday, August 12th., 2026…… Today we have the housecleaner
coming. Plus, we have appointments for haircuts. Stephanie got here before we
left and got busy cleaning. We left and got our haircuts and we were done for
the day. Steph left a little later. Nothing else on the to-do list for today so we relaxed and enjoyed the day.
Thursday, August 12th., 2026…… Today was the day I wasn’t looking forward to! It was my urology appointment and I have to do a cystoscopy. That’s where they insert a catheter with a camera into your urethra! I hadn’t had one yet but I wasn’t looking forward to it at all! But, first up, we needed to cut the grass. It was only Cat and me today because we weren’t doing the field. It’s really dry out there and there is a risk of fire with just a rock strike from the blades, plus it’s not tall enough to mow anyway. So, we just concentrated on the lawn, where it was still wet from last night’s sprinklers. It turned out to be a little too wet for me on my side of the yard because the wet grass kept getting clogged up going to the bagger and I had to spend a lot of time clearing that many times. Once we were done, we came in and I showered and we headed out for my appointment. Turns out I was right to be nervous! I got a short insert of numbing gel then he got started! They had said it wouldn’t be painful, but more uncomfortable. Well, it was VERY uncomfortable and the numbing didn’t ease the ‘uncomfortableness’ at all! I jumped and yipped a bit and felt like a baby - but afterward, they said I did better than most! This scope checked to see if the bladder had any residual cancer or bleeding, or remaining spots. We (Cat was there too) all saw on the screen as he did this. Anyway, the doctor said everything looked ok and I was good to go for today! He wants to repeat this procedure every three months for a while and since I already have a scheduled appointment for my prostate check (PSAs) in October, we will do it again then. Good to go. On the way home, we stopped at dairy queen and I got my treat for being a ‘good boy’ today! Later, Paul came over and we loaded up my mule with all eight of our folding tables for their use at the wedding/reception at their home tomorrow. I drove us over and we unloaded them. They sure have a beautiful setting in their manicured back yard. Perfect for wedding and parties. They have three girls and we have been to weddings and parties there before. Saturday will be hot but they have enough trees to make it a nice afternoon. Later, for us it was tv and spa and then bed.
Friday, August 14th., 2026…… Since we did the lawn yesterday, today was pretty uneventful. Until
later, when we went and picked up Penny and headed off to Albany High School
for a production from the Mid Valley Musical Theater. Tonight, it was Guys and
Dolls. It’s mostly from the theater group from the high school, but sprinkled
in with adult teachers, choreographers, stagehands, etc. These kids do an
excellent job and the productions are first class! This one was no exception! We enjoyed the whole night – except for the length
of the show! Cathye had a backache so we will have to remember to bring her pad
for next time!
Saturday, August 15th., 2026…… Today was busy! We walked and fed the girls and then headed
out, stopping at McDonalds for breakfast. We were on our way to Sweet Home to
work our annual backpack giveaway. I think this is the fourth time we’ve done
this so we have it down pretty well. We got everything set out and we were
ready for the 9:00am opening! Seems I’m always
put in charge of the junior and high schooler’s backpacks! The middle school
kids get smaller packs, filled with school gear, while the big kids just get
empty packs. But they will be given Chromebooks when class starts. That’s
pretty cool! And some of this year’s backpack choices for them have external
usb ports so you can plug in your laptop inside and just plug in outside while
it’s still in the pack! Throughout the
morning, I was pretty quick to point out this feature as well as one that even
had a rolling dial padlock on the thing! Anyway, when we were relieved at noon,
they still had plenty to hand out. We
came home and rested for the afternoon. Then, it was time to change and get
ready for the neighbor’s wedding. As I said before, Paul and Cori do a
fantastic job getting their backyard paradise ready for the wedding and reception.
They have a team come in for the arbor and chairs for the wedding, but Paul
made a dancefloor and a backdrop (you can see in the pics). Seriously, he could
go into the business and rent out this beautiful space for weddings and special
events! Here are pics from the afternoon.
Before the toasts, the mc
announced that the dancing will be going on until 11:30 and last call from the
bar would be 11:00. But we had NO intention of being there then. After the
toast, we visited for just a bit more (we sat at a table with the neighbors) and
we all left after the cake cutting but before the dancing got started. We got
back and changed and relaxed and watched tv. Later, we went out to the spa,
with some Fireball, and listened to the music and watched the car lights as
guests were leaving the party. It was a great ending to a fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment