Sunday, July 12th., 2026…… Another quiet day. Cat walked and fed the girls while I went off and got us breakfast and coffee. We spent the entire day just lounging around. I think I needed it because I haven’t been sleeping well these last few days. But last night was great and today the rest helps! We watched our taped programs. For me, it was the Tour de France. I have watched it from the start and this year it is amazing. These guys are racing 100 – 120 miles each day in 99°+ days!
We
watched a few of our combined programs together before bed. Tonight, it was
more of World War II with Tom Hanks. It is amazingly done and we are both
learning new things about the war and it’s time line and strategies.
Monday, July 13th., 2026…… Treatments 21 thru 25 this week. I
have gotten used to the time frame to get up, get showered and dressed, and get
to the clinic in no hurry! Got more pics
today from the kids. They are around Port Angeles and are having fun exploring
and riding. Looks like the weather is nice up there too! We are in the low 80s
right now. Expected to go up to the high 80s later this week. I will attach
photos from their entire trip when they get back later this week.
Tuesday, July 14th., 2026…… I received a call yesterday saying that the
machine I am on for my treatment is down. So, no treatment today. Later this
evening, we are heading off to Concert in the Park. Tonight, it will be Reed
Fokley, a country/western artist from, Nashville. Penny will be going early to
stake out a spot in the shade. She goes quite a bit and knows where to sit. I
got another call from the oncology center again this afternoon. Yep, still
down. They have extended until Thursday. They have also given me appointments
for next Thursday and Friday, which will complete my 28-treatment schedule. It
will be tough since we will still have family visiting, but it’s out of my
hands and I will take it in stride.
Ok, it’s later now. We got back from the concert and went in to
watch some tv before bed. The show was very good. He played some of his own
songs (didn’t know any) but also did songs from other artists. Penny had got
seats. She met up with her friends there too and we took a selfie…
Here are a couple of pics form the night….
Wednesday, July 15th., 2026…… Our yard guy was supposed to be here today but his schedule is not the same as ours. He comes every two weeks, so I guess I’ll have to adjust my calendar to match! Meanwhile, Cat continues to work on her plants and waters and prunes them. She also has picked pretty much all of the blueberries this year. Next step is to add sawdust to keep down the weeds.
Thursday, July 16th., 2026…… Back to treatment this morning. This is no. 22 (of
28). Getting close! I met Cat at Kristi’s
and we went to Walmart on the way home. When we got home, it was about time to
drop Rylee and Jama off at the groomers. It’s their spa day! Cat went off to
visit with her friends and go to Shawn’s yard sale. Randy, Maryanne and Steve got back today. They
said they had a great time! Here are pics from their trip….
Later, after Penny came over, we all
went to Pizza Schmizza for dinner. It turned out Thursdays are trivia nights.
So, we named our team The Kinkys and participated. It was fun! They had several
categories. Some we knew – some we didn’t. We finished in second place though!
Friday, July 17th., 2026…… Today was a busy day! I headed off to my treatment. The kids left for the day and went riding. I think they went to Black Rock again. Cat went off to lunch with Judy. Later, she went down to Springfield. Maryanne took my truck and went off to Albany to play pickleball. Cathye and I had seats at the yearly Haitian fundraiser. But she thought it would be better for me to stay back and take Randy and Steve out for a ‘boys’ night’. We chose Schmizza again. This time we ordered pizza! No trivia tonight. It was fun. When Maryanne got back, the truck sounded funny! It had been squeaking for the last few weeks but I thought it was just a fan belt. Turns out it was a water pump! Randy and Steve said they would fix it tomorrow. Cat got home and brought bracelets from Haiti for the girls. She said she thought the fundraiser was a success. Here are pics from her night....
Saturday, July 18th., 2026…… We all decided to go to breakfast this morning, so the five of us piled in our car and we drove to The Point for breakfast. On the way home, we stopped at Napa Auto Parts and I bought a new water pump, hoses, gaskets, and anti-freeze. When we got back, Steve would leave to head off to the coast to visit friends before heading back to Scottsdale. Randy and I took out the fan shroud but when we got that off, we discovered that we would need to remove the timing belt assembly just to get to the pump. Randy wasn’t comfortable with going into the timing, so we buttoned everything back up. Now I will need to call my Toyota guy to see what he can do for me. But next week we will have more family here (Cat’s sister Mary and husband Jim). Maybe next week after all the family is gone. Randy decided that Cat's potting shed roof needed work. There are glass panels there of which some had slid out of place. He devised a safe way to slide them up and I helped secure them.
Once we had everything cleaned up, we rested. Penny came by and we watched the
soccer 3rd place game. The kids left shortly after that because they
planned on making it home tomorrow before the final game starts. As for us, we
rested for the day. And from the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment