Sunday, July 19th., 2026…… We have a day between family
visits, so we just took it pretty easy today. Oops, forgot to mention – we
mowed! Penny came over and we all got going and were done in quick order. Most
of the field is dead grass so this cutting was just a skim coat to knock down the
dandelions. Cat and I bagged the yard and got minimal clippings, which is good
because we can do more circuits before having to dump the grass bags. We
watched the soccer final. I didn’t care who won and was not surprised that
Spain and Argentina took it scoreless and into extra play.
Monday, July 20th., 2026…… Last week of treatment for
me! Yaay! I would have been done on Wednesday if they
didn’t have two down days fixing the machine. I got back home before Jim and
Mary arrived. They drove here (from Tucson) for their vacation here and will
probably be here through this week. Cat has some plans for their stay, but mostly it's their call what to do and we will be there for whatever they want. More on
that later. We decided to go out to dinner tonight and chose Pizza Schmizza and
had a nice meal. They were tired and turned in early. They chose to stay out in
the motorhome but quickly came back in and moved in to the quest room because
it was too hot and muggy out there!
Tuesday, July 21st., 2026…… No plans today. Cat drove with me to treatment because Tuesdays are dr. meetings. After that, we headed over to Costco to get supplies for our big bbq on Thursday. While we did all of that, Jim and Mary left to go visit with Justin and Amy. They were gone for most of the day. When they got back, we left again to go to the Concert in the Park series again. Tonight, it was a rock band. The band was pretty good and Jim enjoyed it more than the rest of us. I did like most of it but it was really hot and Cat had a tough time of it so we left a little early. No worries, we all got our fill of the music.
Wednesday, July 22nd., 2026…… HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO RANDY AND MARYANNE! After getting back from treatment, we loaded up the dogs in the car and headed up to Silver Falls. We stopped on the way at the Covered Bridge Diner for breakfast. The doctor told me to take it easy during treatment and I wasn’t feeling it anyway, so I stayed at the top with the dogs while the rest went down the trail and under the falls. It was muggy and actually rained pretty hard for a few minutes, which was refreshing, since temps are in the high 80s. They made it down and back up and we headed back home. All three took time out to rest before Cat got up to make us all chicken pot pie for dinner. It was delicious! Tv until bed. Here are pics from the day...
Thursday, July 23rd., 2026…… Today is the bbq. We expect the number to be at 16
people if everyone shows up. Penny, Cherrelyn, Justin, Amy, Nathan, Josh, Corey,
Vikki, Brandyn, Baylee, Creedence, Caroline, Jim, Mary, Cathye and Terry. We have plenty of hamburgers and hot dogs so
we should be good to go! More later…
Ok, it’s later now. Cherrelyn was
a no-show but Vikki’s dad, Tabby, came with them, so we are still at 16! It was a fun day and we all ate and drank and
enjoyed the warm day and the family visiting. We especially enjoyed playing
with the littles! Here are pics from the
day.
Friday, July 24th., 2026…… Today was my last day for treatment!
Yaay! I am so happy to be done
with this! But, I am also sad because I
met some great folks in the oncology center, especially my technicians, and I
won’t be seeing them again (fingers crossed). Cathye brought the cookies she
(and Mary) made as a small gift from the family. I got on the table and was
ready. Oops, here comes the problem! The machine didn’t work! It was a dead stop. Nothing. Then, I got a
voice through the speakers from Alex saying they were rebooting the computer and
it would only be a minute or two, Phew!
A few minutes later, I was done! Elisa
gave me a nice coin token
And I got my picture with them and
also while ring ing the bell! I think it
is the hormone injection, but I was rather emotional and teary-eyed!
After we left there, we went
straight over to cardiology, which is almost next door, for my checkup with
them. Of course, they have my latest journey in MyChart so they know that I am
going through some symptoms regarding that. I stated that I have been really
feeling exhausted, going back way before treatment, and told them when I exert
myself, even slightly, my heart rate goes up and I have chest discomfort. The
doctor noted all of that and I was put on a new med (sorry, I don’t have it yet
so I don’t remember the name). After taking it for a week or so, it will be an
indicator as to where I might be in the spectrum and if I might have arterial
issues. Only time will tell. But I am
glad the timing worked after treatment so I can address this issue now. When we
got back, we had the rest of the day to hang out because Jim and Mary went off
visiting family for the day. Later, we played Swoosh (which we taught them last
year in Hawaii). Mary’s daughter, Heather and Charlie, got here later in the
evening. They watched a hand and then we taught them and played some more. It
was fun! After that, Cat headed off to bed and a few of us watched tv for a bit
more then I called it a night while the others stayed up and visited before
heading off for the night. We had already set up the motorhome and Heather and
Charlie headed out there.
Saturday, July 25th., 2026…… This morning was laid back. We
took our time getting up and ready for the day. It started out with all of us
going off to Kristi’s for breakfast. They were a bit crowded so they set us up
in the larger back room.
We had a nice breakfast (thanks Jim
and Mary!) and then we ventured out. On the way to eat, we had spotted a small
community event, with a car wash, booths, and a small car show, so we stopped
there on the way home. Later, we all just vegged around the house, trying to
figure out what to do. In the end, everyone decided to just relax for the
afternoon. Then everyone – except Cat and I – headed off to Wing Mings for ‘linner’,
where they met up with Justin, Amy and Skyler.
We relaxed and watched some tv
before they came back. Later, we started up another round of Swish. This time
we taught Justin, who took right to it. After that, they decided to go get
pizza for a late-night snack. Some sat outside and ate while Cat and I and
others stayed in and visited inside. Eventually, Justin left and the party ended
and everyone calling it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment